Sunday Forums - Reading the Books of Ruth & Esther
For the season of Epiphany, from January 15th through February 19th, St. A's is joining the Episcopal Church at large in reading the Old Testament books of Ruth and Esther. Then on Sundays, between services, Rev. Nate will lead a discussion on that week's readings. We will meet in the St Francis & St Clare room, on the second floor of the church office building.
9:20am - 10:10am, Sundays, Jan. 15 through Feb. 19Reading Schedule
- Jan. 15 - Introduction to Ruth & Esther; Ruth, Chapters 1 & 2
- Jan. 22 - Ruth, Chapters 3 & 4
- Jan. 29 - Esther, Chapters 1 & 2
- Feb. 5 - Esther, Chapters 3 & 4
- Feb. 12 - Esther, Chapters 5 -7
- Feb. 19 - Esther, Chapters 8 - 10
All are welcome! While it will be helpful to keep up with the readings, it is not required for attending. Each session will include a summary of that week's reading.
Click below for overviews of the books and a guide for each week's gathering.
Tags: Adult Classes / Bible Study / Spirituality