Major Renovations Begin! July 31 to mid September.
After three years of working with the City and awaiting their review and permits, we are thrilled to announce that the construction of two ADA gender-neutral bathrooms and the overhaul of the patio and ramp is underway!
The bathrooms will be built into the north side office building, with external doors accessible on the outside, from the patio breezeway (between the office building and church). The whole patio overlooking the courtyard will be replaced and we are upgrading ADA access to the patio with improvements to the ramp, stairs, and railings. The plan preserves as much of our historic architecture, planters, and the application of Santa Monica bricks.
Worship and ministries continue through construction, but with the following changes during the month of August:
- The only entry to the church for worship & ministries is through the front doors
- The church office building is closed to the parish & public until Labor Day
- No access to the church from the courtyard or alley
- Coffee hour will be downstairs in Pierson Hall, accessible by the 2 narthex stairs or elevator
- Classes will be in Sts. Francis & Clare, accessible ONLY by elevator
- The courtyard and alley gates will be locked
These great improvements are thanks to the generous financial contributions by so many in our parish family. Bless you for your support and thanks in advance for your patience.
Let us hold the project, and everyone involved, in our prayers!
Tags: Adult Classes / Capital Campaign Projects / Sunday & Weekday Services / Worship