Class: The Difficult Words of Jesus - Weds. evenings in Lent
??? Hate your father and mother ??? Be enslaved ???
Come examine some of Jesus’ most perplexing utterances, ones that have confounded, disturbed and sometimes even harmed followers over the centuries. How do they fit with the Good News and Jesus' Way of love?
Each week clergy will discuss one of these teachings, using the book The Difficult Words of Jesus: A Beginner's Guide to His Most Perplexing Teachings by Dr. Amy-Jill Levine (suggested, not required reading).
Come to all the classes or drop in to one or two: each week's topic is stand-alone so drop-ins are welcome!
7 - 8pm on Zoom - click here
Wednesday evenings in Lent (through March)
- March 1: Sell All Your Possessions (ch 1)
- March 8: Hate Father & Mother (ch 2)
- March 15: Slavery and Exclusion (chs 3-4)
- March 22: Outer Darkness (ch 5)
- March 29: Your Father the Devil (ch 6)
Tags: Adult Classes / Events / Spirituality / Welcome